PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 18:06
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it so that any Pu/t hours need to be countersigned by the FI? So wouldn't the fact that the "student" logs P1 and then does not offer his logbook for a countersignature gives a hint to the FI that he's not P1 for the flight?

Oh, and if the instructor claims to be P1 for the flight, isn't it his responsibility to make sure that all paperwork, including the "students" logbook, is properly filled in and duly countersigned?
Backpacker, have a look at my posts again - I am talking about someone who is NOT a student, a hirer who is licenced for the aircraft being hired and only doing a 28 day check as required by a club.

I wonder: what would the pilot do if (having agreed he is P1) the instructor tried to take control, he could just turn round and say: 'I'm P1, so get off the controls!' Instructors agreeing to be a passenger on a check flight do so at their peril .
CT, hence why I put in their about Instructor being able to take control if hirer was incapable, not because the instructor feels like it.

J.

Last edited by Julian; 8th Jan 2008 at 18:07. Reason: Spppeeeellling