PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 8th Jan 2008, 12:59
KevlarLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scoobydooo

Which is why they are worth more than 2%, and if VA wont give it to them willingly then need a union to ensure they get what they deserve... i.e. more.

I believe you deserved a decent payrise and I'm glad you got a resolution. It would be interesting to see what management are now thinking regards ground staff for this year and next year. I would doubt they can go down the road of giving everyone 4.8%, otherwise we might aswell pack up and go home now. Not sure how many would sign up for any union membership after what everyone has witnessed though, nor do I believe union's are necessarily always the correct way to deal with things. It seems to me that the cabin crew ended up solving the problem by seeing what was happening and solving the issue themselves after Unite made such a mess of it.

016FSM

So please don't assume that our lives are a breeze, we work very hard as do other departments.

I never said you don't work hard, but each day is different for all - some busy, some not so busy. Things go wrong in the air, things go wrong on the ground and it has to be dealt with. Nobody in my opionion is better or more important than anyone else. Everyone is just as important as the next person whether they're crew, ground staff, engineers, check-in, pen pushers, paper shufflers etc and they all play their part in keeping the well oiled (and not so well oiled) wheels in motion. Things can't be perfect all the time with everything going 100% right day in day out - get a bit boring if it did don't you think?

Nuff said, time to move on - new year, new challenges. Lets all be friends again and hope for a happier 2008.

Last edited by KevlarLHR; 8th Jan 2008 at 13:10.