PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finishing off the PPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 12:40
Squawk7143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robbo,

Might be worth having your instructor do a pre skills with you. I had several hours to burn at the end of my training and I had my instructor do an informal pre skills to identify any areas that I needed to tweak. You'd be surprised how you get rusty on things you did earlier in the training. I then used a few days of back to back flying to brush up on these prior to my pre skills assessment , I took my actual skills test the day after.

btw , watch out for those Tonkas midweek

Pompey,

Personally I flew 3 hours a day during the first 25 or so hours but I dropped to no more than 2 after that. It's just a personal thing, I like time to plan the sortie, walk the aircraft and crew in at a leisurely pace . I also found that I was trying to fill the three hours for the sake of it. So I dropped back to 2 hours. The day went like this.... arrive at say 09:30 after a good breakfast for a first launch at 12:00 and then a second launch at 16:30 . This gave lots of time to review weather, notams, local airfield changes etc. I found I got more out of it as I had the time to plan - fly the plan in my head - fly it for real -debrief - reflect and plan the next sortie with lessons learned from the first fully absorbed......But in the end it's down to how each individual like to learn I guess, horses for courses.

Cheers
Squawk7143