PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX B-Scale Check and Trainers
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 12:28
missingblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have very real fears regarding the lack of information and clarity about many things. THE FIRST thing the AOA should be doing is playing watchdog. There are a lot of claims going around that are not being verified - and the AOA should be doing that for us.
Things like seniority, dismissals, bypass, DEFO holding SO's back, tax issues, training success / failure etc etc. These things should not be secrets. Transparency from management is required. I constantly hear people go on about our contract being violated - If this is true it has to stop. Once we are able to enforce our contract at least we will know where we stand. I flew with an FO recently who assumed he will be on COS 08 from Jan 01. He did not even realize the implications. If guys are that ignorant then it leaves the door open for the company to arbitrarily change things as they wish. If everybody rolls over like that it is a matter of time before we have Age 65 in HKG and bypass pay and seniority all deleted from our contracts.....

I say start at the beginning ie: We need to be able to defend what we have before we even try and fight for something more.