PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Airborne delay - poor information
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 12:23
Thunderbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sean

I'm with you on this one. Delays into LHR are becoming unpredictable. Sure with winds, SN, FG; delays are expected, but even on a good day - 20 minutes can come out of nowhere especially if it is a weekend.

This unpredictably combined with the lack of accuracy is not a happy state of affairs especially when we up to recently had good info being given out.

A recent arrival via LAM. Nice day, but a weekend. told 15 min delay, total delay was 21 min not including slowing down. Then we had a very long approach; downwind to abeam LHR and then back to Docklands and then in.

I don't mind what you tell me as long as it is the truth. Bit like PAs to passengers, they react far better being told the truth rather than some BS.

Del Prado
Sean, your delay is the amount of time going round the hold. It does not include slowing down early. (how could we work that out accurately anyway?)
If you give me a delay figure, I too expect that to be total delay. If I then slow done approaching the hold, this will absorb some of that delay hence the time doing circles will be less. If that is not the case expect alot of people doing 300+kts to the 12 mile point.

T'bug