PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 10:10
orangedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started reading as I have studied in the US years ago. I have been "applying" for the Green card lottery several times without any luck so found the thread interesting...

It looks to me like it is "just" a matter of a company "sponsoring" the applicant. For now maybe they are not desperate enough, maybe they will never be, depends very much on the US economy in the next 12-18 months I guess.....

This is from the US Immigration Services web site

"EB-3 Skilled or professional workers
  • Foreign national professionals with bachelor's degrees (not qualifying for a higher preference category)
  • Foreign national skilled workers (minimum two years training and experience)
  • Foreign national unskilled workers
How to Apply If you are an employer wishing to sponsor (or petition) for a foreign national to work in the United States on a permanent basis, you must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for Form I-140. Filing requirements differ for each of the five categories.
The Department of State is responsible for providing visa numbers to foreign nationals interested in immigrating to the United States. To find out more about the Department of State's visa process visit the Department of State website for specific information on how to get an immigrant visa number.
To check the status of a visa number you can review the Department of State's visa bulletin.

Where do I apply
If you are an employer wishing to sponsor (or petition) a foreign national to work in the United States, a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker must be filed at the USCIS Service Center. Detailed filing information is provided in the instructions for Form I-140.
For EB-4 special workers, the foreign national or employer must file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, with the CIS Service Center. Detailed filing information is provided in the instructions for Form I-360. "

Impossible? I think not...