PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 8th Jan 2008, 08:32
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VS_lhr,

How do you feel about the outcome, I have re-read all your posts since yesterday and none of them seem to be in a positive light ? Why ? are you not happy with the outcome ? Most crew members I have spoken since the news are, yet you are not ?

As for holding the company to ransom for an inflation busting payrise, you and I both know this has been a long time coming and it's going to continue unless things drastically improve by April 2009. There will be a lot of eyes and ears looking to see just exactly what changes for the better are implemented in the next 17 months.

Regarding taking the bread out of others mouths, nearly fell off my chair when you stooped that low.

Now that this round is over will you finally admit you are management ?

Leezyjet,

I read your posts with interest, I note you said the last vote was 7 years ago yet the company will only treat all ground based workers as one unit. I do not fully understand the internal mechanics of unions however could you not try and address this, why is it that for example BA checkin staff are able to be balloted individually as can BA engineers ? (is it purely a function of size ?)

I would suggest that using other airlines as examples you guys and girls should be able to separate your departments as I dont think it would ever work having a secretary voting on the an engineers overtime rate or an engineer voting on a checkin crews max hours per week, each proposal that carried a change in terms and conditions to a specific department would more than likely never reach a true representative outcome of one department.

I urge you to try and address this, now is the time to move forward, each and every department should have the right to be represented and the company saying this can only be as one unit seems in my eyes to be the company way off stopping it from happening.