PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion @ Emirates
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 05:52
mociamIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya ya..... Instead of trying to read between the lines, a useful comment would be welcome. I fully intend to work hard at my conversion as I have for the last 24 years on every conversion I've done. I enjoy conversions; nevertheless I have done 3 offshore conversions with SAA and taken my family along for the whole time on all of them. I worked, they understood, but when I had free time we enjoyed being together. I fly in the airlines for the life it gives us, not for the airline or flying. I used to fly properly in the beginning but that is over. So when an opportunity like this comes up, that is my angle.

With this one although I will work hard and my family will understand as they always have, I will not have the pressure of not knowing what's coming and trying to fathom a new aircraft. And that takes some pressure off and that is what I mean.

But I take the hint...I will probably not take them on this one. They can wait in a more benign environment and we can start our adventure together when I am finished.