PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the standard price usually for a PPL(H)?
Old 8th Jan 2008, 02:23
Bell 206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to helmet or not to helmet.. this is the question

i have worked/still do in tourism flying helicopters alongside a pilot who always wore a helmet on a tourist flight and he continually got asked - why are you wearing a helment? is this dangerous? where is my helmet??

i wear a helmet all the time when flying "commercial" work, such as low level, surveys, filming, on fires etc. (personally i always were flight suit and gloves no matter what the flying is)

when it comes to shoes, at the moment where i am working it is a requierment to wear boots nearly 20cm above the ankle, full leather, lace up fire standards.. they get VERY hot and uncomfortable but the reality is that when S*&T hits the fan you would be happy to be very hot in those boots, helmet, suit and gloves...

i will give this advice to people starting out... no matter how much pressure your instructor puts you under - just make sure you are in cotton clothing and enclosed shoes that wont burn!!!!!!!!! get used to wearing it now you will be thankfull one day!!!