PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ EBA to sell out new hires
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 01:21
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Jetbest on page 1.

Why do you think AJ can convince his superiors that he is worth $xxx ?
It is because he has convinced them that he can fill is cheap planes with cheap chips ,cheap peanuts,cheap pilots and cheap F/As.... to make his targeted profit. That is it in a nutshell.
To the company upper management, you are regarded higher than the peanuts only because you are a bigger part of the budget. I am sure that if they could get pax to pay more for more experience, while keeping your salaries the same ,they would try it. In the meantime they probably spend more time looking for more profitable peanuts to sell.Conditions?
Low cost operations are all about looking for alternative income streams and finding the cheapest supplier. Believe me, if CAAS would let them subcontract the supply of pilots and cabin crew, they would leap at it. Don't think for a minute that this has not been discussed in high level meetings.

Me thinks it's all a bit late to do much now.They know that you will take less money because...you already have.

Remember 20+ years ago, back in the Australian airlines' golden age.People were grumbling about better conditions on the "world wide market" , "salaries comensurate with experience and qualifications" and "contracting , that's what I'll do in a couple if years time.Make the big $$$", well, many of those did NOTHING because they wanted to stay at home as well. Guess what, they weren't going to get both then and it won't happen now.You will get even less now because you are replaceable.
Those that have returned from OS ,look at the salaries of the local pilots that you may have been working with in other countries.To many of these guys a Jstar salary will be an improvement not to mention he can get 4 times the house for his money ,better education for the kids and national health.
I don't condemn you for trying to improve your lot but see the forrest for trees .