PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 7th Jan 2008, 23:52
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All workers at all levels in all industries are suffering from the apathy of a non unionsed workforce. Thats where the a lot of blame lies.
Talk about controversial!

Perhaps the scenario exists where employees don't like unions because of the damage they can cause to the company? If every department in Virgin was unionised and held the company to ransom every time they didn't get an inflation-busting rise, it would be out of business pretty quickly.

The actions of Unite leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, and I have no stomach to support an organisation that spouts rather disruptive press releases which hurt the bottom line of the company I rely on for my living. However that doesn't make me apathetic, it just means I have a different opinion of unions than you.

Yes, perhaps I am unable to extort quite as much from my employer as you; and it's a pity that because of unions only certain sections of the company get a pay rise, but I sleep happy in my bed knowing I'm not the one stealing bread out of the mouths of my colleagues (plus the fact I was happy to accept the salary with the job - of course I'd like more, but don't see unions as the way to achieve it.) It would be rather nice if you could respect that opinion rather than insisting I 'get unionised'