PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot or not to Pilot!? help needed!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 21:51
Madhouserjd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot or not to Pilot!? help needed!!

Hi Pprune, this is my first post. I have only recently started to look seriously into becoming a commercial airline pilot, and have come across a few snags here and there which i need help on...

Just in case i am waaaaay off mark, id like to ask if you think i have a chance of getting a sponsored way into the industry (like the CTC program) or indeed into industry at all! ... I am 19yr old male, finished college with 3 A's in Law, Ethics and Philosphy and Design Technology, and got A's at Gcse in the english, science and a c in maths. All other grades were good. Am currently studying music in guildford in a full time course. I dont know much about aviation or the indstry to be fair, ive had about half an hour in a piper =) over to the isle of wight and back and loved it!! and pretty much everything aviation im liking!! so what do you think? a chance or no?

I am thinking of applying to ctc, which seems like a bit of a godsend as long as you can get thru that nasty selection process!! but in case i fluff selection, ive been looking around at other ways into aviation, and short of funding your own way into becoming a comercial airline pilot i cant find much....im probably looking in all the wrong places!! So questions are!

1) what other ways are there for getting from zero to a fully qualified and employed airline pilot? (websites or any information helpful!!)

2) what is the best site to research all things areoplanes, obviously pprune rules ok, but anywhere else?

3) any websites that keep up to date information current events or news on aviation in general just so as to keep up to date with the industry.

and anything else that you might deem useful to the aviation noob!!

thanks in advance for your help