PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL completion
Thread: PPL completion
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 21:43
znww5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From similar discussions which I have read in the past, I think the main concern with intensive courses is that you don't really learn 'with other people', but simply cram for the exams.

The problem with this approach is that the information isn't retained for very long afterwards - and it is information which will be valuable to you in the future.

You've got what most people consider to be the worst exam out of the way (Air Law), so perhaps it would help if you teamed up with another student from your club - even if it is by phone or e-mail - to get things moving again. Try sticking a card on the club notice board and I'm sure you will find that you are not alone!

My approach was to read the book (Jeremy Pratt's PPL Course in my case) then use a copy of the 'PPL Confuser' to test myself, revise the weak areas, do the tests again and so on until it sinks in and your score is over 80%. Then you can be confident that you will pass the real exam.

As for the practical aspect of flying, we all learn more quickly if there aren't big gaps between lessons, so try and arrange that if you can. In the long run it will also work out cheaper because you aren't having to spend 20 minutes getting back to where you were last time and your confidence will build with the experience.

My advice would be to hammer away at the exams now, whilst the weather is lousy then you'll have a clear run at the practical aspect as spring arrives.

Hope this helps - good luck