PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 21:06
gc4atco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question some questions from a newbee...

Hi All,

Firstly, a BIG thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has been a huge help to me over the last 4 months, having just been told that I've made it!

This is my first post, not wanting to jinx anything but feel safe to do so now!

Anyway, I just have a few questions I'm hoping y'all can help me with...

1. I, like others, have been asked to start at the college in April (much sooner than I thought!). I was told that both Area and the airports have asked for a much bigger quota this year which accounts for the apparently big course. Should this concern me? I mean, is it likely to mean less one on one time given there will be more students for each instructor etc? Does that equate to an overall lower chance of passing? Hmmm...

2. Area or Aerodrome? Having visited EGCC several times now, I would give anything to work on the Aerodrome side. I know that everyone says this and there's never enough spaces for all that want to do it, but is there anything you can do to sway your odds here?

3. Are all the courses the same or do they have more area- or aerodrome-based courses throughout the year? I know about the basic + 3 months (aerodrome) or +6 months (area) but just wondered if particular start dates leant towards either side?

4. The dreaded medicals. I've been told I've passed the NATS medical, and that I also need a CAA Class 1 medical. The HR lady said that this shouldn't be an issue and they usually organise a coach to take a load of us down to Gatwick one day from college (never heard of that before, anyone else?). It's just, I'd like to get all that stuff sorted before leaving my current job and starting at Hurn. Would be nice to know that it definitely was in the bag and I'm not dreaming!

Sorry for such a big post. Things are moving quite fast right now! Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks and good luck to those currently in the process...keep going and remain determined!

gc4atco