PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Officer Windsor anyone?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 20:09
Chicken Leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's very easy to selectively quote QR's as and when it suits. By way of an example, I spent less than five minutes finding this:

5.189. Guidance on the responsibilities of commanding officers for the physical fitness of the officers and soldiers
under their command is contained in Individual Training Directives (Army) (Army Code No 71209), Part 1, Section 2 -
Physical Fitness Training. It is to be noted that swimming training is compulsory for all officers and soldiers of the
regular army
. The rules and regulations covering those games, sports and recreational activities which are recognised in
the army are laid down in `Games and Sports in the Army'. Adventurous training is to be encouraged. Guidance is given
in Army General and Administrative Instructions, Volume 1, Chapter 11.

I have not had swimming trg since I left trg as 17 year old over 20 years ago!

A bit random maybe, but my point is, that in less than five minutes I was able to Google, scan read and copy a paragraph from QR's that is clearly not being implemented and yet no outcry on PPRune.

Quoting QR's for something like HRH's trg strikes me as trying to find something to complain about when there really is nothing to complain about. I mean, has he taken somebody else's place? Will the SOTR for 2008 be reduced by one to allow his trg to take place. I think not. Get over yourselves, you're making yourselves out to be ignorant idiots.