PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deferred loan for flight training
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 19:49
Flight Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of suggestions:

1. Be greatful of being able to fly once a fortnight, many people who would love to fly cannot. Think outside the square, while your parents a supporting your flying at the moment get a part-time job and save. Once you have saved your first $1000 whack it in a term deposit - should be able to earn at least 5% at the moment. As you earn the next $500 whack it in the term deposit. A term deposit you cannot withdraw on until the investment matures. When it matures roll it over for another term.
Before you know it by the time you gain you PPL by flying once a fortnight you will have saved enough to complete your CPL, MECIR. You will also of showed the bank that you can save, ie excellant reference for future lending.

2. At the end of your training you will either gain employment as an FO for a regional, go to QF as a SO or have to explore the country looking for the best ME GA gig you can find. Here is where the good savings history come ino play you will either be ready to buy a house (QF or Regional Gig), or a bloody good car to pack your life in to find the GA gig

Don't feel rushed the job market will be in it's current climate for some time. Just relax enjoy the flying once a fortnight and use any spare time you have completing year 12 if not already and your aviation studies.

Don't forget to look into the Uni courses and subsequent hecs paid for courses.

Last edited by Flight Me; 7th Jan 2008 at 19:51. Reason: I can't spell for *hit