PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 7th Jan 2008, 18:01
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the company finally realised that they couldn't pull it off and run a near normal schedule without us!!! They also now know that if they don't negotiate fairly in the future and come up with a decent offer without taking things away, it will no longer be accepted.

I think this has been a good lesson for all concerned and we have all learnt from it and SRB's statement will never be forgotten! It has made us all realise that if we ALL stick together, we CAN make an impact!! The company cannot run this airline without their crew!!

We have our rise as small as it may be, but we have had nothing taken away from us, we still have our airshare and the same compliment of crew on each aircraft!!

Let's all look forward now to the next negotiations and hope that other matters can also be addressed such as crew down and delay payments. I think most of the crew will be very pleased with this outcome!! Let's now get back to doing what most of us love doing, flying for Virgin.