PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Trial Flight Experience + Yours
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 09:28
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
........."wwejosh".............like all have said in here, welcome to where freedom exists.........but & there's always a but.
Now seeing as yr green as a blade of grass with this there's some good advice here from the 'oldies' & it's free. I'll add my 2 bobs worth here (20cents for you kid).
Seeing as yr a young boy yet to reach the age of pubity may I suggest that you not drag alone a girlfriend whilst you chase planes for say the next 40 yrs or so.
And should you get tied up with one early in yr career as a pilot (silly boy)then secretly put away some money so you can buy her a house & get it out of yr system once & for all............trust me the money will be well worth putting aside for that "rainy day".........oh & it will 'rain'...........pilots have an IFR rating not to fly in cloud but to wipe away the tears after the divorce !

Kind of kidding there of course...........but then again !

I knew an ex AN 737 cpt who had been married 3 times & ended up staying in the transport industry after all 3 cleaned him out & the collapse of AN, as a taxi truck driver!!!!!!

You'll love flying it's better than sex, lasts longer but costs about the same !!!!

CW