PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing and curious incidents as a passenger.
Old 7th Jan 2008, 08:39
MrSoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only time I requested a voluntary downgrade

Was in WTP once with British Airways to that tasteful holiday paradise, Joo-Buy. WTP seems to attract the more Blingtastic passenger I have noticed. As ever, BA managed to split everyone up, including a rather excitable family "goin' to va Boorj" and keen to share their exciting plans with the rest of us. Dad stuck at the back shoutin', everyone else dotted around the front. Well the FA duly started the process of moving volunteers around. "Nah fanx" says Dad "I'm happy here", stays put (!)

In the meantime their 2 young brats were isolated either side of me in the front bulkhead row, centre section ugh, peanuts whizzing past my face.

I spotted mum, over in 28B in splendid isolation. "Do you want to swap so you can be with your boys?", I ventured. "Nah fanx" again, big G&T, eyeshades on, and the old cow reclined for the next 7 hours in that glorious single seat.

Dad did nothing except wake everyone up shouting from the back row "you are banned from your Scalextric for 6 months" etc. kids start crying.

This was the first time I ever saw parents who actually wanted to be apart from their kids, 7 hours later I knew why!