PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 23:02
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

The reason for posting that image was the same as replying to the 'Where to live around Luton' thread. Both are as relevant or irrelevant and the mods make them? Nostalgia, news, help RRUmoUr....?

I guess 40 years ago a Mustang based at Luton was a normal as wanting to live in the town is today?

Photo taken Jan 25th 1967...not be me I might add

Anyway, back to reality.....Access to Luton from the M25 via the M1 is looking really good. Having travelled thought the mire of roadworks recently, once they have been completed, and the access into the airport sorted by the two 'famous Percy Roundabout Builders', Luton will be on par with Stansted.

Sadly the M1 is to be widened North of Jct 10 right up to Milton Keynes over the next 8 years.

2008 will be a tough year for all of the Luton based airlines, REAL inflation bears no resemblance to recent price hikes and wage increases. Buster has been predicting for ages a 'bubble bust', thankfully both easyJet and Ryanair have spread their exposure right across Europe. Jeans and Monarch know their markets, Britannia are re-assessing their, but I predict at least one major failure, hopefully with no Luton damage.

Folk have borrowed heavily and now they cannot lump it on their mortgage, so multiple trips abroad will be reduced. Will the BoE reduce interest rates enough to stimulate demand this year, will Oil move well above $100 a barrel? Key factors affecting Luton and every other airport.

The growth of the number of flights flying through UK airspace is also contracting for the first time in ages!