PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 60-hr Fling-Wing CPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 20:58
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60-hr Fling-Wing CPL

Was in discussion with a bloke at YSBK recently on a loosely related matter when the possibility of utilising the time/money to start a 60-hr Heli CPL as a part of the exercise was mentioned. Apparently this is available by x-crediting existing fixed-wing time, as long as the last 30 hours of fling-wing time is completed within the 90 days preceding the flight-test.

I'm wondering, has anyone else here done a similar course anywhere? If so, what are the benefits/pitfalls of these courses? And of course the old chestnut; what recommendations re operators/organisations offering these courses?

It strikes me that with a freshly minted 60-hr fling-wing CPL, a bloke would be minimally employable, despite a few thousand hours of fixed-wing experience. Can anyone offer any insights to potential (paid) hour-building opportunities within the rotary-wing community -preferably other than heli mustering? What is the "state of the market" within the industry at present?

It's an intriguing possibility I reckon and I will be taking the opportunity to log the time from the work that I intend doing anyway... just whether or not I pursue it to a CPL qualification remains to be decided!