PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media and Aviation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 20:48
Shiny side down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's why you will see folk from NTSB and others on TV within hours of an accident, talking coolly, calmly, and with great authority, about what's happened.
As I said. It takes time. Within a few hours, there have been discussion about what can or cannot be said, and I suspect governed by some framework to ensure that hasty release of the poor information doesn't make matters worse.

May I suggest: I know f-all about flying the Blenheim, so I won't post about it. If you know f-all about the media, move on to a post about something else.
I accept. If you tell me you know f-all about blenheims, I'll believe you. Me too. Never flown one.
However, I have prior experience of dealing with the media, hence my view. For me, a question I cannot answer is simply that. For you, that appears to be licence to draw conclusions that do not necessarily fit the full facts, or to make inflamatory comments in the hope of obtaining a response that can be twisted to fit another agenda.

However, if someone wanted to provide such training (a what cost, I wonder?) so be it. Could be interesting.
I can't see many of my colleagues or myself hanging around to discuss events hours after. Not my cup of tea, thanks.