PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 13:39
luxfreight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After following this thread for some time now, I thought that I would just add my 5 cents worth......

I have been living in Luxembourg for some time now and find that it has everything that I need and a little more if I want to pay for it. Summer nights in the city can be quite entertaining and free, Winter is winter and if I'm in a cultural frame of mind there is plenty to do as well.The restaurants are many varied and normally very good. Some great bands come to the city as well so we don't have to go far to see bands like MUSE. So when people say that it is a boring city I find that quite hard to support.

The job, I like it a lot. I struggle with jet-lag but find the rosters quite fair, hard at times but in line with what I signed up to do all those years ago. When I show my rosters to friends working at Charter airlines in the UK or with lads flying with BIG AIRWAYS they think that my job is to die for. The salary is fine though my wife like many others could do with a little more and the pension could do with a little more attention.

My message to the chaps who want to leave - go if you think that is best and I'm sure nobody is going force you to stay but I think that you will find that the grass is no greener and if you are a lot younger than me (i.e. in your twenty's) you may be able to get a better pension - and good luck!!!