PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair + Bachelor
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 13:12
jordiebaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bcuc 3 year degree is titled, BA(Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training. The first year is based in High Wycombe, where you complete 5 modules:
Airline and Airport Ground Handling
Introduction to the Air Transport Industry
Airline and Airport Marketing
Health and Safety
and the fifth is considered on the completion of the 7 PPL exams.
You complete 15 hours of flying time at either the Denham school of flying, or Wycombe air centre, and then in the summer of the first year head out to the wonderful OFT to complete the rest of the ppl.
Second year is ATPL ground school either at Cranfield, Bournemouth, or OFT, and after the 6 months, its another trip out to OFT for hours building, multi engine, Night qualification and IMC.
Third year is back in High Wycombe to complete a dissertation in your chosen subjects and i believe 4 other modules. (I'm not definite as I never completed this part)
Then to finish everything off after graduation in the summer of the third year its back to Bournemouth to complete the IR and MCC.
The degree is definetly something good to have if a career in the cockpit turns out to be a bad decision, you will have to right qualifications for a management position with an airline so its something to fall back on if god forbid something were to happen!