PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook /My Travel Recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 11:56
fly_emu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, couple more questions

With >500 hours on type (757) but a few hundred hours short of a full ATPL, what would be the starting salary offered?
PPJN has a separate FO / SFO scale for thomas cook, but not for My travel?
You will probably be offered a FO salary to start and as soon as you upgrade to a full ATPL you will be moved on to SFO salary.

What's the pension, ppjn shows nothing for thomas cook, 3% employee + 14% employer for my travel?
Pension scheme is still being negotiated, you will probably be on MYT scheme or something fairly close

What is a typical 757 roster for gatwick and stansted? out and backs? or trips / bullets?
Mainly day flights? night flights? varied destinations or the same timetable week in week out?
STN is 320, and will be staying 320. 757 LGW is mostly short haul 2 sector there and back, mix of days and nights varied roster. There are some longer trips (Canada etc).

How long before 767 is on offer?
It may be possible get 767 straight away, if not then it will be by senority, the 767 is planned to do short haul out of the main bases over the summer, not sure if it will go long haul in the winter.

How close to the airport does one have to live? what is the standby requirement for time from call to report, and how likely is a call out on standby days (i know this is a 'piece of string question', but I know some people have never been called in some airlines, and others are getting called all the time)
Standby call out time is 90 minutes, where you live is up to you as long as your available to make the standbys if called in. As for how often... as you said piece of string.... could go for a couple of months without being called in from standby, then get called in three times in a row!

Does the 10-15 years to command ballpark sound sensible at the moment? seniority list based?
Yes and Yes...

FE