Old 6th Jan 2008, 08:56
rosscoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Put up or shut up Dick

Hi Dick

It's about time for you to show us your evidence of this:

Dick Smith
"
This is in complete contrast to our Class D at a place like Hamilton Island, where the local helicopter operator is consistently held outside the zone, orbiting with passengers in a single engine aircraft over water because one IFR aircraft happens to be approaching in CAVOK conditions.
"

You keep saying this but have never provided any evidence to justify the statement so now I'm calling you on it.

Most people here would know who I am and where I work so yes I do have a vested interest in this.

But as per usual you making statements without any evidence to back it up. So come on show us some evidence of your statement.

Of the 30 plus helicopter movements today at Hamilton Island not one was held and if there was approaching IFR traffic they were sequenced as appropriate with traffic information. Several of which were the IFR traffic to follow the helicopters. It was not CAVOK with some IFR doing IAL's and some on visual approaches and diverting around large CB's.

Actually in the last 4 days I can not think of any time anyone, being fixed wing or helicopter, was held "outside the zone doing orbits" and not one of those days was CAVOK.

Even if they were held outside the zone doing orbits over water what difference is that to doing orbits over water watching whales on the way to the barrier reef in a single engine helicopter or 500' over water at Heart Reef doing orbits so that the paying passengers can take happy snaps.