PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do ATPL exam marks matter?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 01:38
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideal Line, Here is a spoon so you can eat my arse.
Working 40 hours a week and studying at the same time is exactely how I got through it.
He asked about exam marks and I answered the question. They don`t count. Because if they did, I wouldn`t be where I am.
He then went and started to enlighten us all on how he has been doing it tough and his exam marks might not reflect his true potential. Who cares. If he wants some encouragement then he can ring his parents. At an interview would be an appropriate time to justify his exam marks and HIGHLIGHT the fact that he is a bit older than the average pilot and that he had to work full time throughout his studies to finance his way.
As for hard work, well it is not necessary hard work, but cleaning an aircraft seat after a passenger attempted to make a faeces sandwhich on, it is challenging. It is only now with a good job and the all clear from my last blood test, I can sit back and laugh about it all.
Lastly, with the unprecedented progression and opportunities in the industry, if you need to be encouraged to get somewhere, then you don`t deserve a thing.