PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 21:59
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, you tried to say that no one tours VFR in your club in order to try an give a reason for having an IMC rating i.e. if they had an IMC rating they could tour more widely and not have to worry about getting home if thr weather closed in a bit.
DFC, I said no such thing. I made it very clear that I have managed some good VFR touring, and a collegue his enjoyed some too.
I did say that I thought having access to an IMC rating would be helpful, but

made it quite clear that it was not the only reason for the low amount of VFR touring going on in my club, our neightbours, and my former school.

Absolutely NOWHERE have I said that it's not possible to tour extensively VFR. It absolutely is possible...not as reliable, but certainly possible. I have encouraged it as much as I can amoung my club members, even going as far as organising the trip to Spain and opening it to all club members. I wouldn't be promoting it amoung our members if I didn't think it was possible!

What happened in the 70's is irrelvant to today. (Though we do get a clue to your age bracket )

You asked me a direct question, I answered it honestly, and you didn't like the answer.

dp