PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 20:10
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from the RHS checkout, the written type exam, the CFI discretion (and the general quality of my landings), that could be me, and I only hold a PPL. So if I were to check somebody out, I would log P1, by your club rules. But in that case the person being checked out cannot log anything, because I'm not an FI and thus they cannot log P/UT or PIC/S. Am I right?
First of all BP I must say that I think I would be very lucky to have somebody like yourself checking people out and I am basing this on the effort you put into your posts and you having previously told me off. (Sorry I know its bad form on here to compliment anyone).

The way I see it is that you would be the supervising pilot you are there in a supervisory capacity so you must be P1. The other pilot therefore is operating under your supervision, as you say you are not an instructor and you are not training him so I see his entry as pilot in command under supervision. I am not saying I am right and I am not referring to the ANO, that is just the way we do it.

Contary to popular folk lore you do not have to have a FI rating to give instruction unless it is for the grant or renewal of a licence or rating, for instance with my airline hat on most of out training captains have not got or ever held instructor ratings but regularly convert people onto big multi jet aircraft from Senecas etc