PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good places to live near LTN!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 19:48
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

If you have children AVOID Luton, if you don't believe me, check the OFSTED school achievement tables! Barton is good as the secondary school has an excellent achievement assessment (Harlington). Many Luton folk have moved a few miles North on the A6 to ensure their kids are educated properly. Trust me, you don't by choice want to live in Luton these days, 20 years ago I would never have made that statement! 20 years ago I walked through England to get to my football ground, now I might as well be in Lahore! (I am in no way being racist, but simply factual)

My in-laws have teenagers at schools in Luton, sadly they are unable to move out of the area for financial reasons, what were two very bright children are now suffering from the poor academic standards of the town.

If you have a family and entertainment is high on your list, Milton Keynes, or close too would a sound choice, but just remember, once the M1 has been dug up and widened between the M25 and Jct 10, the next stage is 4 laning right up to MK over the following 8 years!

If I had to relocate to somewhere in the vicinity of Luton I would move to Harpenden, if the prices there are out of reach, then somewhere North and probably off the A6, thus avoiding the M1.

Sadly the most enviable place to move too in Bedfordshire is a certain pen in a sleepy place called Whipsnade, and we are full!

Anyway, it's time to visit the Arndale and buy myself a new sweater from C&A. I must start to brush up on my Polish then.