PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 18:09
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With us nominated experienced pilots who have been checked out in the right hand seat and have more than 10 hours on type and more than 100 hours P1 total and have passed our written type exam may at the discretion of the CFI check someone out.
Apart from the RHS checkout, the written type exam, the CFI discretion (and the general quality of my landings), that could be me, and I only hold a PPL. So if I were to check somebody out, I would log P1, by your club rules. But in that case the person being checked out cannot log anything, because I'm not an FI and thus they cannot log P/UT or PIC/S. Am I right?

Ilanfairpg, using unqualified 'trainees' or 'experienced pilots' for conducting any such checks sounds like a disaster waiting to happen..... Not just for the pilots concerned, but also for whoever dreamed up such a daft idea.
We're only talking 28-day checks here. Nothing more. If somebody who hasn't flown in the last 28 days is, in your opinion, a "disaster waiting to happen", and that disaster can be fully averted by a checkride of, what, 30-60 minutes with three landings, then there's something wrong with the initial training of that person in the first place, or the FI's you know are actual skygods with biblical teaching powers.