PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Your first flight
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 15:05
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes,Capt Plunket did fly the Channel Airways DC4 (G-ARYY), I was a traffic officer for Channel based at Jersey,I did the loadsheet and trim etc,We all loved the DC4 cos sometimes No3 would not start we would then take all the paxs off and put them in a holding gate while we started the other three engines,The plane then would take off on three and do an air start for No3 then land keep all engines running, load the scared to death pax on the port side through the front (Very Small Door), I would stand by the steps with No2 prop whizzing round only a foot or so from my back,I always went up in the jump seat for an airstart,sometimes there would be 2 or 3 of us and we would clammer and stand between the Capt & F/O, That was just one of the many things that happened in what I call the good old days of commercial flying, I am not 100 % if Capt Plunkets first name was Jim but when he signed the loadsheet it did read J Plunket,so its a good bet his first name was Jim !, This is just one of the escalades that happened at Channel. Enjoy, Peter.
Hello again Peter do you remember the GANTB incident (Clive was on the scene soon afterwards)