PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar Arbitration III(a)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 14:36
EJetCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L-38,
The funny thing is it will not be merged operationally. They do have a "future provision" in the DHL agreement to provide the "crews". Right now 5Y only provides Maintenance and Insurance, Aircraft and Crews are provided by PO(the agreement is, I believe the first link.). They anticiapte providing crews when the SCBA is effective. Making it, in their words, a CMI agreement. Must be where they get the "ACMI-like" phrase from they constantly spout.

At RAH, each airline still has its own operational control facility.

The only merger that can be proposed under the current set-up (keeping 5Y and PO certificates to satisfy DHL), will be administrative, seniority list and CBA. Each certificate will STILL be required to have all required Part 119 positions. So, PO will still have A DO, DOM, CP, dispatchers, schedulers, certain MX positions, it's own ID's and airplanes that say "Operated by Polar Air Cargo" somewhere by the door.

Please don't take my word for it, do your own research, as I can be as wrong as can be. Look up Part 119 and required personnel, as well as requirements for maintaining operational control. Bear in mind that maintaining 2 certificates will have to meet required staffing. Certain things can, and will be combined, but those functions are already combined. Right now, sans pilots bidding back and forth, the company is as integrated as it will be, unless they merge certificates.

A definition of PACWW's relationship to PO. From the 30 JUN 07 10Q "Holdings is the parent company of two principal operating subsidiaries, Atlas Air, Inc. (“Atlas”), which is wholly owned, and Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. (“Polar”), of which Holdings has a 51% economic interest and 75% voting interest as of June 28, 2007. On June 28, 2007, Polar issued shares representing a 49% economic interest and a 25% voting interest to DHL Network Operations (USA), Inc. (“DHL”), a subsidiary of Deutsche Post AG (“DP”), (see Note 10 for additional discussion of the transaction). Prior to that date, Polar was wholly owned by Holdings and was the parent company of Polar Air Cargo, Inc. (“Polar LLC”). Holdings, Atlas, Polar and Polar LLC are referred to collectively as the “Company”. The Company provides air cargo and related services throughout the world, serving Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, South America and the United States through: (i) contractual lease arrangements in which the Company provides the aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance (“ACMI”); (ii) airport-to-airport scheduled air cargo service (“Scheduled Service”); (iii) military charter (“AMC Charter”); and (iv) seasonal, commercial and ad-hoc charter services (“Commercial Charter”). The Company operates only Boeing 747 freighter aircraft. "

Some addtional reading: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...085exv10w3.htm
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...085exv10w1.htm

Last edited by EJetCA; 5th Jan 2008 at 14:58. Reason: additional reading