PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and BALPA already agreed on EU 757 Pilots
Old 5th Jan 2008, 11:26
idol detent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was probably because Big BA paid for Go. Which was a bit rich coming from Stelios. Didn't his old man give him a massive interest free 'loan'?

The two networks never really crossed and operated in two different markets which is why there was concern expressed at the time, but not the tub-thumping that we see now.

DickChomh said:
I see it as BA /BALPA pilots just looking after themselves.
Do you honestly believe that it would be any other way? I'm not aware of any BA pilots claiming that this fight is for the benefit of anyone but the BA pilots themselves.

I would'nt want a LHR base ever! and would decline PL if a BA seniority list is imposed.
The Base is dire, I'll grant you that; but once you're away from LHR the operation is usually fine. Just LHR-itis. I think you would be making a mistake by declining PL if/when we end up with a common seniority list for the reasons explained above by HF and myself. You will benefit financially & under BidLine if you work from LHR. However, that in itself is a side-issue and is not the reason we are having this dispute.
Do as most of our LH pilots do and commute from Europe. There is no reason, should you wish, for you to live in the South East if you stay LH. Even SH is commute-able, and with the new Jeppeson software scheduled to come online later this year trip swopping 'should' become a whole lot easier.

Good luck & best wishes

ID