PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Trial Flight Experience + Yours
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 08:56
wwejosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Trial Flight Experience + Yours

Hello,
I thought I would create a thread on my amazing experience yesterday, I will try and keep it short so I dont bore you. Yesterday I finally had my trial flight with RVAC (Morrabbin), to sort out as many unknowns I had in my alotted time. Ever since I went on a family holiday last year (christmas '06), I have been fasinated with planes. So it was great just to get to the school and do it, instead of always thinking about it. The school was fantastic making the day extremely enjoyable, not just for me but my parents. I would defiantly encourage anyone to do their trial flight with RVAC.

I thank my instructor, Andrew very much he was great to me. I decided I would like to take the c152 up, to get the real feel of what it would be like to do my training. The trial flight was in fact Effects of controls. We took of on three five right. He allowed me to rotate the aircraft and climb, it was amazing. We then went to the training area and did the lesson. I couldn't help but to look out the window occasionaly and try to take in this new world. Feeling the aircraft was great, knowing I had control of the aircraft was a real buzz. I even got to radio atc for landing.
We landed on three five right, with a slight crosswind. The air up there was a little bumpy, but I guess that is due to the hotter conditions.

Everything that happened after the turn into Second avenue, was amazing just the atmosphere of everything. Although I wish I wasn't as nervous at the start of the lesson, I did start to relax towards the end. It still hasn't set in yet, I don't think it will for a few more days. Yesterday was a big day for me, it was the best day in my life so far.

I have briefly explained my day yesterday, as I just felt like I needed to express myself on this forum. I could have said so much more, it was truly amazing. May I ask for your experiences of your first flight/lesson at a school? How you felt etc

Thank you for reading.