PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daily life in DXB
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 05:44
Elvis26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading all this...made me decide to register and contribute with my little bit...
Life in Dubai is like anywhere else in the world...you will have positive and negative of all sorts...
It is usually how you make it for yourself...I've been here for almost 6 years by now and honestly...loving it...sometimes they're downs as well...but where not?
Internet connection is great...quick, you will fly out of the country so if websites are blocked here...take your laptop with you and download anything you like outside....I call my family back home through net...costs peanuts...easy to establish, even for me who know absolutly nothing about computers.
This place offers you so much to do....it's just up to you to choose what you like...
If you single...you'll love it...stay positive and open minded...you will get to meet people from all over the world...you get the unique chance to learn so much about other nationalities...I am not doing emirates propaganda, of course there will be tough times to deal with...it will be just your attitude how you put up with it.
Yes...cost increased massively last few years...but still easy to handle, depends on what kind of living level you like...they're still people earning 5000aed a month and have a life.
It's a great life experience to come over here...I find it a bit more difficult though to come this time as the town is expanding massively and seem a bit of mess...Just ask people around for info and help when you get over here...everybody seems pretty approachable...it will take you around a year to settle down...but it's great fun...
Stay positive!