PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air corps option?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 23:17
mikeintheskies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air corps option?

Hey all,

Long time viewer first time poster. I'm in need of advice and am wondering would anyone have any words of wisdom.

I live in Ireland. Basically I will be finished my degree in May and the plan is the pursue a career in the sky. Flying has always been a passion and I have had several lessons which I really enjoyed and I have been working for a major aviation company for the past 4 years part time while I was in university.

I am now faced with the decision on how I am goin to pursue the career. Unfortunately, it would be impossible for me to finance it myself. I know the option is there to get the loan and finance it that way (which I am seriously considering) and have had much discussion with the parents about going down that road. There is also the option to apply for the Irish Air Corps. I do understand that the competition is fierce to actually gain a place but I am wondering has anybody out there gone via that route and would recommend it .

Does anybody out there flying commercially now look back with fond memories of military flying? Or does anybody look back and wish they had spent a few years in this field of aviation.

I would appreciate any info that anyone has.

Thanks,
Mike.