PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and BALPA already agreed on EU 757 Pilots
Old 4th Jan 2008, 23:02
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...based on the prospect of open competition for command...
... except, if you're not on the mainline seniority list, first call on the commands will go to seconded mainline pilots who want them.

If BALPA want to force the seniority list on PL pilots then why not the same T&C's as BA mainline?
...because BA would never go for it in a million years. They don't even want Bidline at LHR. It's there and they have to tolerate it but it would never happen anywhere else (LGW being the prime example). The deal on offer from BALPA is all PL pilots on the seniority list in return for whatever T&Cs BA feel appropriate.

I would'nt want a LHR base ever! and would decline PL if a BA seniority list is imposed.
...then you'd be a fool. There is nothing which says that you must go to LHR if you're on the mainline list. The option would be there if you so desired. If you didn't, you could stay with PL as long as you liked. As I said previously, commands would be pretty likely to be junior so you could swap seats early on and stay there. Assuming of course, BA decide to keep going with PL. If it were discontinued, you could move to a job at LHR/LGW or leave. Up to you.

I have no issue with BA pilots looking after themselves but lets not mask it as anything else.
You're correct. However, if you end up on the mainline list everyone wins. You wouldn't be flying BA mainline aircraft on less than you should be earning and we wouldn't have to be worried about being undercut by a subsidiary.

Two words: Qantas and Jetstar.

Night.

Last edited by Human Factor; 4th Jan 2008 at 23:27.