PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 13:56
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two instructors, teaching both PPL & CPL students, is just not enough. I believe a third is arriving in February

Seems odd really when they have an APP course that has graduated students work there to gain hours?!?

I was looking to do the APP course but something doesn't seem right. They limit their APP intake to 1 student per month and the training from 0 hours to a CFI is less than 12 months.

I'd assume they'd have a dozen or so CFI's floating around EFT at any given time with a one in one out system going on? Clearly I am wrong.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to EFT to lower the cost of the APP course to increase their instructor numbers? More instructors would mean more modular PPL/CPL students finishing their courses on time and a better reputation. I can see the AC availability is a problem too but having too many students and not enough instructors isn't really an excuse?

Makes me wonder if the current APP students want to stay after their training? Capt Relax was looking to go there for ages and left for EFT in Oct if I am not mistaken. Where is he now? How is he getting on?

I still like the idea of the APP course they offer but I am now looking toward doing my training in BFC / Aeros as it's pretty local and they have a good rep and AC.