PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 13:03
A pilots lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To pferpilot,

It is with interest I read your posting, which led me to wonder which airline in the world actually follows the rules and regulations? I know in Qatar Airways there is NO RULE that we haven't broken. I have just started my flying career but feel woefully discouraged by the so-called compliance of the rules and regulations. If there is a way to bend a rule here, then it is done with aplomb, that seems to be the way the industry gets by the shortage of pilots, it is the sad reality of a pilots life.
On another note, a met an acquaintance of Romero's a while back, he seemed a nice enough chap and was quite clear on how they get things done in RAK. I don't think it can be pure bad luck that EVERY CEO they recruit jumps ship or isn't up to the job; common sense dictates that there is something wrong there. His friend claimed you couldn't buy a pencil for the company without the say-so of the Board of Directors and there was so much politics in RAK that it was impossible to get things done. If you protested too much they did their best to trump up some false charges and put you in a dark cell. Don't know Captain Khalid, and I don't think I want to, but he wasn't stupid running for his life, (just like a couple of CEO's before him) if that's the way they treat their CEO's I guess they will be changing hats again soon.