PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does block time buying and building improve chances of getting a Job?
Old 4th Jan 2008, 08:49
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scooby79

There are a lot of "I would think" & "cost of living" quotes in your post.

The fact is that using a popular Florida based company for a two week 50 hour package costs about £74.00 per hour when the cost of all the items (airline tickets, insurance, hotels Etc) are taken into account.

What you have not taken into account is that you are still paying all your UK living expences wile you are away, I have not taken this into account because the numbers are not truly avalable and would be to vague.

If you lease my aircraft it would come to you. The short term lease is for (normaly) two weeks of exclusive use, this way you base the aircraft at an airfield near your home and so have no extra accomodation costs.

The total costs using a typical UK GA airfield is £73.12/Hour, you can reduce this a bit if you are uoop north as the landing & parking fees are lower, if you take the aircraft abroad you can reduce the cost by about £9/hour by getting the tax back from the fuel (just fill in a HMCR form HO61, send it to HMRC and a cheque will turn up in about 4-5 weeks).

As for the weather the USA is not as good as the Americans would tell you afternoons in Florida can produce strong winds and thunderstorms in the mid west are very widespread. One of my customers was a bit short on hours due to the weather in August but reurned for a second lease in October and exceeded his expectations by a few hours, unfortunatly no matter were you go flying weather is like buying a pig in a poke.

The big difference between a lot of company's in the USA and myself is that in the USA if you are unfortunate enought to not do the hours they will NOT give you your money back. I will make allowance for bad weather and refund money just as long as when the weather is good you make the most of it.

If you would like to send me your email I will send you the numbers to prove it! (please note I can't send the attachments via pprune)

Last edited by A and C; 4th Jan 2008 at 08:55. Reason: more detail.