PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Bengal Airlines
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 07:11
Airplane Crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True that you need connections to get a job in aviation any where. What I mean is that in Bangladeh without connecion or kissing someones feet you have almost no chance at all. Plus Biman would hire you even if they have like 100,000 pilots with 2 airplanes in operation if you know the right people. If you compare Bimans fleet size with number of pilots they have, I bet it will break world record. Plus with Biman qulification that you have might not mean much during the interview cause usually the way they work is that they already know if you are hired or not before you even show up for the interview. On top of that they just love the guys who went through local school and specially Bangladesh Air Force.

I have seen guys from Bangladesh Flying Academy who weren't ready to even fly a Piper Arrow flying the ATP. Check out this video. A guy flying a HS 748 and on short final the instructor had to remind him the gears. By the time you fly an airplane like that if your instructor have to remind you about the gears thats bad news. I'm not saying Bangladesh pilots are bad. It's just that quality control doesn't exist over there. People are given jets before they are probably even really ready to have a CPL the right way.

Here is the link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPeZxRK0eo

Now I won't mention names to you, but these aren't my opinion. I knew the Cheif pilot and some of the Capts. and FOs of GMG airlines and I used jump seat with them all the time. I also knew the many pilots flying with Air Parabat and ex- Aero Bengal Airlines. I liked those guys way better than anybody that flew for Biman. Biman people thinks they are on top of the world and everybody is below them.

Well I better shut up now cause pretty soon I gotta pack up and head back there, but of course who cares I know I won't get a job there. I had 3 cousins who learned to fly abroad and couldn't get a job flying in Bangladesh although they all were over qualified compared to those guys coming out of loacl schools.