PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foriegn Exchange from India
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 01:03
speedtwoten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil RH seat for non qualified Captain

Navrekar, I see you are promoting Spice Jet a lot in this website and known India very well also look like you fall in love with all the life style in India specially the aviation part then I believe you should know the regulation in India. (almost the same in every country)
A friend of me is flying with Jet Lite formerly Air Sahara, he is only line Captain and he's Proff. Check (every 6 month) are done while seat on the LH seat as PF or PNF, but the roster in Jet Lite sometimes or many times put him on schedule as One Way Each means in one way he will be seat on the LH as PNF (even he has no paper proff that he ever made take off/landing in the LH seat, he leave copilot seat 5 years ago) he will do it because the roster manager (Captain Pranay Kapor) and his Chief Pilot (Capt. A.K Oswald) told him that he is approved to do it as DGCA rule even he never seen the rule, he made an enquire to DGCA rule & regulation dept. by email but never ever get an answer, but I do believe this not approved as he has no any envidence that indicate he is an qualified person to fly from RH even as PNF (what is happen if the LH seat pilot incapacitate??)
As and Expat where can he get clearification about this, none to contact and his management were are too smart as an Indian and the DGCA not working at all, I think you are lucky that in Spice Jet there are many Expats even the Chief Pilot are American, the actual scene in India you must see outside Spice Jet

Last edited by speedtwoten; 4th Jan 2008 at 01:05. Reason: spelling