PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Academy of Australia, YBAF, Brisbane QLD Australia
Old 4th Jan 2008, 00:34
CEOAAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets Look at the Facts

Folks,

Having read this thread at the suggestion of staff and students at AAA and RQAC I though I had best put down some facts otherwise the readers of this thread will only have ignorance and emotion to guide their views. Firstly, in terms of comment on greed, costs etc if anyone out there has found the portal to Alice's Wonderland where none of us have to concern ourselves with the costs associated with aircraft purchase, fuel, maintenance, CASA/Air Services charges, airport charges etc please let me know - I am happy to pay big $$$ to find out where this land is.

In terms of RQAC and the Airline Academy a little bit of general education is in order. AAA is a subsidary of RQ focused on full time training. We run 3 courses a year with a maximum of 20 students per course. This year we have had to start the new year with 2 courses as we are over subscribed. To meet that demand we have purchased additional C-172Rs and recruited more instructors. Our instructors have a wide background - RAAF,Qantas, Govt Air Wing, Regional, GA etc. A number have been trained by Boeing/Alteon in Seattle on multi crew co-ordination, CRM/TEM etc so that they can conduct such training here.

Our cadet base is normally split 60/40 with the 60% coming from within Australia. This has been the case for AAA courses 7, 8 and 9 and 10/11 stating mid-February. Our international base comes from North/South America, the Middle East, West/East Europe, South Africa, South East Asia, North Asia, South Asia and Oceania. The Academy also has six cadets from the People's Republic of China undergoing the Boeing/Alteon MPL program. AAA is partnered with Boeing/Alteon to undertake the Core/Basic phase of training. To do that we have arguably the most capable CASA certified Level 5 single sim available. Not just my word but that of the 26 members of the Internation Federation of Airline Pilots who visited late last year. For those locally please come and have a look.

The only other point that I wish to clarify is to close the open ended point on how harshly the local Air Scouts were treated by AAC. With support and assistance from AAC RQAC has offered, and the scouts have accepted (contract has been signed) the use of our facilities and aircraft for about the same cost. From my dealings with the Scout management they are very happy with the outcome.

In closing I would like to offer an open invitation to all to come and look at what we do and how we do it - I am more than happy to take constructive advice - none of us have all the answers.

regards,

Stewart Cameron, CSC
CEOAAA
07 32753244

Last edited by CEOAAA; 4th Jan 2008 at 01:15.