PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Severely Sanctioned For Speaking In Support Of Attacks On US.
Old 25th Nov 2001, 15:21
WangEye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Help!

As a much older (and maybe wiser) observer (rather than aviator)I am disheartened by this thread. 5x5 has many valid points and opinions and he has a right to those opinions. If you disagree with them - fine, say so. But the idea that because he seeks to explain he should be punished, denied a living, or even life, rather proves his points.

Can I direct our US contibutors to their own revolutionary Declaration of Independence which was based on that of the French revolution. Can I direct you to the definitions of democracy (to be found in any dictionary / encyclopedia). Can I direct you to read up what the US flyers who survived the Battle of Midway (1942) now think (and it doesn't involve revenge, hate, dismissal or denial of other human beings, etc.). Can I ask you to consider how the destruction of life and property and the destruction of opportunity or hope (by any "side") contribute to progress or a better world. Can I ask you to think and study, to examine your prejudices (try reading A.C.Grayling - an eminent contemporary philosopher).

Intellect and worldly knowledge are not requirements for pilotting aircraft and, in spite of the above, I am heartened to see you all engaged in such a robust debate, but keep it respectful of both each other and of 'truth' - if you threaten, or seek to surpress opinion with threats, who are you mimicking - Washington? Mandela? Mao? Stalin?

(Bit of a rant!!!!!)

WE