PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flour bombing, spot landing and streamer cutting
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 17:17
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flour bombing etc

streamer cutting and flour bombing requre an exemption and a couple of hundred quid for the pleasure. One possibility is to find a medium sized airfield with a modest flying display where they might be convinced to include flour bombing as part of their show then use that exemption for a flour bombing exercise either before the show starts or after it ends.

This was arranged at two small airfields in East Anglia I am aware of last year although at one of them there were few takers for flour bombing my Landrover Defender and the winner was in an autogyro doing about five knots....

Limbo and tape cutting require rule 5 exemptions so that is a second slug of £200. Balloon bursting, providing aircraft remain more than 500 feet from persons etc have no requirement for an exemption but at 500 feet those small helium balloons are difficult to track.

Anyone up for an air sports day at a cost of about £400 in exemptions?.

£20 a head for around 20 aircraft. A whole day of limbo, ballon bursting, toilet roll cutting, and flour bombing.

I am happy to organise if someone can provide the airfield and collect 20 names / deposits.