PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Severely Sanctioned For Speaking In Support Of Attacks On US.
Old 24th Nov 2001, 14:40
5by5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONTpax - If, as you write, "kicking butt" and "B-52s were rearranging Hanoi", means bombing, burning, and terrorising little girls - just what kind of moral stance is that then ? and all this from the land of the brave and home of the free ? Don’t make me laugh mate !

And whilst we're at it, lets have a little reminder of American foreign policy shall we :

Roc - Nobody expect the USA or the West to do anything, it's they who want to stick their noses into business which is really not theirs for no other reason than because they wish to defend their way of life, courtesy of a cheap and regular supply of oil. Along the way they'll prop-up no end of tyrants, in order to ensure that the price of a gallon if gas stays pretty much as it is.

In the round, it would seem a case that many just don't understand cause and effect, in that nobody expects free hand-outs - indeed is there such a thing ? - because they nearly always come with strings attached, and particularly so when given from the Western governments of USA/GB/France.

Cat Driver - If by a "show me another country that has given so much to the world as the U.S.A" you mean, their crap / non-existent culture, their crap ideals (see above), and being the most polluting country on the face of this Earth, then I'd have to agree with you !

Mischief - see above, about despots.

Mentaleena - If your measure of culture is entirely dependant upon which car, computer, mobile phone, television, hi-fi, or aircraft one uses, then I'm afraid to say that you really should take stock of your overly materialistic values, and the phrase 'morally bankrupt' comes immediately to mind.

Techman - You took the words out of my mouth.