PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost every German airline requires DLR?
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 07:04
smoothkpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DLR Tests

Germany is one country out of hundreds. So what, if you fail the DLR tests there are many other operators out there you could potentially work for. I know of many pilots who have failed the DLR tests and are currently operating for airlines all around the world. These guys haven't had any problems with training or check rides. The DLR tests is German efficiency taken too far. The DLR tests are perhaps the hardest set of tests I have ever come across for pilot recruitment, what amazes me is that some airlines use no tests and others use these DLR tests, this is the far end of the spectrum for aptitude testing. See the tests for what they are, another set of hoops for applicants to jump through. No doubt failure of these tests will knock your confidence but with only 6-8% passing these tests I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe its those 6-8% who need to look at themselves, maybe they should get out more (you catch my drift). Whether or not you can fly and handle a heavy jet can only be tested in a sim.