PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 05:47
RAK staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Stranger 2008 and everybody out there who is hearing this news today,

It is true, our beloved beacon of hope has left RAK airways, no he wasn't involved in any scandal, or fraud, he was an extraordinary gentlemen who was hardworking, honest and spent all his working hours in RAK Airways or in the Airport trying to give both the facelift that they so badly needed. During his absence to take his wife for medical treatment, Dr Khater sent in an under-qualified, clueless bunch of nitwits to peck and burrow through everything. We at RAK Airways were harassed, questioned like common criminals and made to feel totally unappreciated by the DR and his thugs. As a result, Captain Khalid decided enough was enough and he rendered his resignation 3 full days before the Board of Directors even met to decide his fate. Since joining in June, he has not had a pay hike, although he was promoted from VPO to COO and subsequently made the MD of the Airport. He has not received any appreciation or word of thanks from the Board of Directors for all his hard work and dedication. I am myself, with several of my colleagues, seriously thinking of resigning and going back to England. The morale is so low right now, yesterday half the staff were in tears when they learned about Captain Khalid's departure. He was a brilliant man, just look at what he achieved in the last seven months, we all wish him the best for the future. For anyone who knows the industry he has proved himself a champion and I'm sure he will be snapped up immediately by someone who will pay him his worth, not for the meager salary of 70,000 dirhams that RAK Airways was paying him. From all the RAK team, good luck Captain Khalid, many more will be leaving after you.