PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 01:15
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Straight off the Precis' and Terms they emailed me, "Age not over 55 at time of commencement."

If you want the full terms and conditions, email me at [email protected]

Sorry,,, forgot to answer your other questions. Yes, they are taking non-type-rated pilots for both seats. However, as previously mentioned, they're having a difficult time finding qualified personnel who can make the culture transition and also have the skills to survive a 7 month training marathon, specifically at the price they are paying with the devalued U.S. dollar and time off schedule.

As a friend of mine said, "It's not a sprint, it's an endurance race. Psychologically plan accordingly every single day."

Lastly, the medical. It wasn't that hard, although my eye doctor was a bit of a bonehead which required me to have exams redone. Twice. No big deal.
General Chem 20 blood analysis, look for major issues, diseases, etc. Basically if you can pass a good life insurance exam without any major flags, you have good hearing and eyesight, and you're not on the edge of flipping out psychologicall (both a psychologist and psychiatrist get to pick at you, including the 553 question FULL MMPI battery of tests), you'll be fine.
Good luck!

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip over and meeting the ANA folks. They were actually very warm and friendly (for the Japanese) after the sim and interview were done. Two guys even made a joke with me, very nice guys, I think I'd enjoy being in the sim if they were instructors... but I digress.